Day 13 - Still a "Work In Progress"

This artist is an imperfect angel...a woman, a messenger, a survivor...she represents my thoughts and feelings at times i listen to her and close my eyes and vibe.




Dear Mary J. Blige,

Thank you. For being truthful, for your gift of song and for your transparency. Many a days i have sought out my Cd's, mp3's and i probably have many versions and remixes of yours. I have listened to you when i didn't think i could go on. When motherhood was kicking my ass you dropped "Everything" and reminded me they are my gift. When i was missing that special someone you dropped "Missing You", and when i was tired of all the bull crap that was going on around me you dropped "No more Drama". At one time i thought i was alone in this struggle called womanhood and you dropped "My Life" which has become a theme song to me...that song brings tears to my eyes cause it just explains how I'm feeling most days.
You have always kept it gully and every Cd to this day has related to a moment in my life and I'm sure many others. I love "Work In Progress" cause it is the most honest record ever you can have all the riches in the world and still never be whole.



As non-celebrities we conveniently forget that a great home, marriage, and or financial status doesn't always equal to happiness. You allow the world into your heart when you bellow out with passion songs like "Be without you" and run across the stage serenading your husband. Mary i briefly met you in the hallway of the Marriott hotel after your concert here in Cleveland (long time ago)and you and my friend/hairdresser exchanged compliments and i was speechless you were so pretty and approachable in person.



I have followed everything you have done over the years good and bad, and i am convinced you are a messenger to all women who can relate to your music and message. Thanks for pulling me out my misery during break-ups, disappointments, and lifting my spirits with your love ballads. You are a phenomenal woman and one of my many She-ros. Thank you and God Bless.
 

Comments

Popular Posts