Day 21 - A friend in need...is a friend indeed

Day 21- (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?



I'm so opposed to the "best friend" thing but if this was my situation i would be there for her/him cause i would expect them to do the same. To me a real friendship is like a marriage for better or worse. I don't care what we were arguing about I'm gonna be there to make sure your okay. God forbid the last conversation we had was f-u bish or anything like that. I would tell that person how much i loved them and i cherish there placement in my life.

Its okay to be angry about something but in the end do you want to carry that thought of "i should have been there" on your heart. I'll fill y'all in on a real life scenario i had. I had abdominal pain last year that was persistent for a few months, but was severe that particular day. I called my mom let her know i had to go to the emergency room and i would be dropping off my son. After waiting to be seen and pulling rank in the ER i was seen by one of the surgeon,s had a CT scan, and was admitted for a perferated colon aka Diverticulitis. I called/text my "friend" and let her know that i was in the hospital and i may need her to do a few things for the kids. She didn't respond, didn't come see me, and did the opposite of what i did for her that previous summer. I still hold that hurt in my heart. My feelings were hurt cause there were people who didn't even know me that well calling checking on me sending nice notes, flowers, etc. But the person who i confide in, cry with, support..was MIA. We wasn't beefing at all but this is what occurred. I don't care if i told her to go jump off a cliff or vice versa i would be RIGHT THERE. Maybe even sleeping next to her. By the way i shared my feeling about this with her and she was apologetic but things were never as tight with us after that. I cried to my nurse who was my coworker and friend, about it and she just simply told me "you find out who your real friends are when things like this happen"  That ish counts man, and it shows how much the person is worth to you. That's what friends are for....i guess.

Day 21 - My Truth

Comments

Thee_Kween said…
You're the 2nd person to say they don't do the "best friend" thing. Interesting...lol

I found out who my friends were and it was an ugly truth that I was devastated by. Angry words shouldn't trump someone's life or death situation...or something tragic. Real friends, like real love...shows up and shows out! PERIOD.
Reggie said…
Nice thought provoking post Angie.

Popular Posts