Day 5 - I should be a Nurse

what i hope to do...is to be a registered nurse




y'all my friends who are nurses always tell me i should go ahead back to school to become a nurse. my excuse? time and again that damn thing called procrastination. i have been in the medical field for almost over 10 years. first a clinic tech/medical assistant and then a medical secretary. i am now a support assistant for a transplant program, its still nursing related but now I'm behind the scenes. i speak over the phone to more patients than see them face to face.

i enjoy caring for people. i have empathy, I'm motivating, and an all around home girl. i don't like for patients to be mistreated or ignored. i have been out of school so long i don't know how much book knowledge i have held on too. this venture will limit my working hours and that means lowering my income which i cannot afford to do right now. i would never get into this field for the money, its more to it than that.you have to love people from different walks of life. you may run into someone with the nastiest demeanor, but who are we to not show compassion they are sick frustrated and probably scared. nursing is more than the clinical aspect its being a care giver and i tear wiper.

well may be ill take a few classes and get the ball rolling. i know what i have to do now i just need to step out on faith and go for it. *shrugs* ain't nothing to it but to do it. Below are my nurse homies...they know how do go above and beyond in the name of nursing.

Day 5 - my truth

Comments

Thee_Kween said…
I hope that the opportunity and means arise for you to do this. I can see you doing this. You're right...nursing (and other service jobs) are more than just positions and a paycheck. Your heart has to be in it. My sister is going to school...being an RN is her goal, too.

~blessings~
me too sis ive been putting this off for years and im getting mad at myself for not applying myself...and congrats to your sis im sure she will be a fine rn
Reggie said…
Angie if it's truly meant to be, it will be.

Popular Posts