Day 8 - Deception in the form of Love

8. Someone who made my life hell (not quite) lets say shook my world

i was invited to a fight party by one of my friends...it was nice we had fun. that night i was reintroduced (saw him many times) to this guy who wasn't exactly my type but he was nice. People spoke nice about him and said he was a great guy. we clicked that night and shared a kiss before i left the party. we started a courtship and i really like him and he seemed to feel the same way. it seemed like the perfect relationship for the first month or so. then the hammer comes...the ex reappears and a whole bunch of mess ensues. he is very deceptive about what really is going on but he doesn't know he has a big mouth that he confides in that is keeping me in the loop.

we cross paths with the ex many times stares glares, jokes, and other "high school" like things occur, which in my DNA workup turn into me having to put my foot in someones ass. i didn't get into it with anyone. as a lady i pulled the ex to the side for a woman to woman and i got my feelings hurt cause me and the dude wasn't as exclusive as i thought. he was sneaking and spending time with her and and lying to me and her about how "serious" the relationship was. one thing i am not is insecure. i didn't go in on him. i let him think i wasn't hip to what he was doing. of course everyone knew about them and i didn't know crap.

it was so bad y'all  and recently a girlfriend of mine reminded me of a day we were at karaoke and i recited a poem for him and he wasn't paying attention i didn't witness it. he went on stage and sang a song called Separated by Avant and i walked out left and went home with him trailing behind me. she was there i was there he was there but his focused was on the person he really wanted. i did something that i never do share my poetry publicly about someone...he is the reason why. i have never had my confidence broken and that was a first and last.

i just have decided i was blind and vulnerable. this person i see on occasion and i look at him like what was i thinking!!! he broke up with me over the phone and said i kept up drama??? i did not do a thing i responded to what i was told and tried to address it with him but he wasn't a honest man. i did a few things for him on the monetary side (never paid me back) i made him look good...i had people hating on him. slept in my house at my food didn't really have a issue being there for him. i cant help to think he was into me but still in love with her and too cowardly to just tell me that. i could have accepted that. for such a short "relationship" i think i went through the ringer for nothing. i take victory in his relationship/engagement with her falling apart, him losing his livelihood and me looking fabulous every time i see him, to remind him i was and always will be the best he ever had.

Check out Lil Mo - Lucky her (this is my cut)


Day 8 - My Truth

Comments

BE Lauriette said…
Now you know exactly what to look for next time. It's so hard learning these lessons but they are so good for us. You are better for them. (((((HUG)))
Who you telling girl I have a built in bullshit meter so none of that
Reggie said…
Budda I think we've all been kicked in the ass by love at least once.

...maybe that's a right of passage type thing?
Thee_Kween said…
Thank God it was short. I'm glad you're better for it!

Popular Posts