Did we fail her sisters??

So the whole controversy with the lady who took her and her children’s life is bothering me. It is hitting close to home because I’m a mother…a single mother with two children who gets very little help if any from the kids’ fathers. I wasn’t promiscuous I wasn’t looking forward to be birthing no babies and raising them alone. But shit happens. I have read some disturbing comments regarding this tragic situation. Why didn’t she use birth control? Why didn’t she ask for help? Where was her family? Where are the daddies? Lots of question very little amounts of open minded people asking those questions let alone with the experience behind them. I don’t know how many people have experienced the things this young lady did? How many know what goes through your mind when you don’t know where else to turn? Stress, Doors closing, opportunities passing you by. Gotta worry about daycare, bills, taking off work cause the kids sick. Meanwhile daddy roaming free living and creating more children. Does society give that dude the side eye? No. Mommy is always the blame.


While I don’t agree with anyone taking anyone’s life I feel where she was mentally at. She was already diagnosed with post-partum depression, going to school, working and doing her mommy duties…I’m not again saying her decision was right but now all the stories are coming out that she had a pretty bad relationship with the kids fathers anyway she was doing she was doing it all alone. One is locked up the other is irresponsible and shacked up with another woman. Even was arrested for child endangerment for leaving one of the kids alone and the baby was found wandering in the cold...yea that some bs. I’m sure someone noticed she was withdrawn and depressed. I’m sure she had a moment of weakness and confided in somebody that she was having these thoughts.

What truly bothers me is that she posted moments before she took that plunge on Facebook that she was gonna do this...if i was here friend i would have took that seriously and called the police. Everything is see posted by people i take it seriously i inbox and ask are they okay might send my number in case they wanna talk, hit em on messenger. I genuinely care about people and even if i aint 100% together i will offer an ear. We need to take care of each other ladies and stop stomping on the ones who may have dealt with the wrong man and had a child, may have been promiscuous in their youth, may not have had the "mothering" she needed in her childhood. Instructions for being a parent are not in a manual. Most of us are playing by ear or remembering by the example we grew up with. It got under my skin when the comments were not related to these young ladies mental. It was more of "she shouldn’t have had those kids if she couldn’t handle it", "my tax dollars are paying for this murderers funeral" and so on and so forth. Where is people’s common sense at really? Married working people are just as irresponsible as the single one and the ones in this young ladies position. She was going to better her life she just lost that light at the end of the tunnel i guess. i didn’t know her but i have reached where she was at before but with the exception i wasn’t gonna take my kids with me. I was at the stage where i said they would be better off without me...they can live off my life insurance and benefits. But i was lucky God stepped in and told me to sit back and watch him work. I did and he worked it out for me. My faith saved me...this young lady was very much involved in the church but i don’t know what went wrong.

If it angered you to find out what she did…I can understand. If it saddened you I can also understand. We really need to do better when it comes to having our sisters back. Stop the cattiness, stop the “I’m better than you syndrome”, stop the madness and lets support the lifeline of the world. Without us women there would be nothing. We do have the upper hand but just don’t tell the fellas. I know I was super random on this blog but I had something on my heart that I had to get out and I did just that. As always thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts.

Comments

Reggie said…
Does society give that dude the side eye?

I don't know about society, but I know I do.

I could NEVER respect ANY man who refused to take an active role in his children's lives. Children don't ask to come here and many of the men that do that, had it done to them. I wonder just what kind of person wants to see that done to their own children?!? Disturbing is what that is.

I've never been able to understand how anyone could be a parent and not want to be involved in the daily lives of their children. My two children are college students and I am forever texting them or calling them on the phone because I miss them. I can't imagine going day and weeks and months as they were growing up and not seeing them. That I'll never understand.

Suicide is a cowards way out. I say that and I share the fact that when I was 15 I stuck a loaded shotgun in my mouth, with the intention of pulling the trigger. I know a lot of people that have done that and I'm sure there are a host of others that did and wouldn't admit to it. My perceived problems back then were a little too much for me to bare.....or so I imagined. Silly and selfish is what that might have been. When you kill yourself, someone has to find you......usually someone very close to you. I can only imagine how my parents would have felt coming home to my brains splattered all over the walls or my siblings.

I feel for her and her children, especially those children.
i just wish she asked for help or ropped them off at the welfare agency or something not took them with her...shame

Popular Posts