Me first


through all the challenges of life i always here this voice saying 
"me first"
i was born in the middle
the upstanding responsible sister
there was always alone time
my siblings took up all my moms time
when i got lonely 
need the attention
she is the good child was spoken 
like i didn't need extra nurturing 
but the child within me was whispering
"me first"
not rehearsed
heartfelt but muffled
i guess the ones with trouble 
need mom the most
the day i became a mother 
was the day i stopped thinking of
"me first"
from that day forward 
i thought of nothing but whats best for him
i haven't breathed for me in 15 years
I've been mom sis woman fiance
but never "me first"
me me me ...i can hear it in my head
but that's not how i was bred
i hold other people feelings hopes and dreams in my purse
its never me first
its my fault no one else
i need to get back to my happy self
these last few months have changed my outlook
on everything
i have to put "me first"....(to be continued)
~Lykebudda2012~

Comments

Reggie said…
Life may seem much simpler when we put ourselves first; but it's much more enjoyable when we put someone else first.
Danielle said…
When your on an airplane and tgeybgive you that IN CASE OF EMERGENCY speech they say put the mask on YOU first. You can't take care of no one if you're not good

Popular Posts